Mustapicked A Good Vacation!

The adventures of Amey and Musty's trip to the Balkans and Italy in September '06...

Monday, September 11, 2006

Hi Everyone!
We walked Mostar into the ground today!! We walked for hours and hours... all over the old town, all over the Muslim part of town, all over the Croat part of town, saw the university, saw the two new shopping centers... and now we are dog tired!

Speaking of dogs... there are lots of them here. In Croatia we saw loads of pet dogs, about 75% purebreds and the other 25% mutts. Here in Mostar, there are some pet dogs, but there also a lot of stray dogs. They are all very, very cute... and also very friendly. This afternoon, a cute little sweetie accosted us with her silly face and wagging tail. I was inspired to go in the market and buy her some dog bones and a little package of mini hot dogs. She was really, really skinny... so I hope those treats gave her a little boost. I'm already creating fantasies of finding her tomorrow morning and taking her home with us! Sigh, I guess one can only do so much sometimes.

Tomorrow morning we will drive off to Sarajevo, maybe stop at a sight or two along the way.

love to you all!

2 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Joe Robertson said...

Hi Amey,

Nice to see that you are having a blast so far. Cant wait til you get back. We tried perry's class on saturday meaning 9/9. he is more work than you.

Joe

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger springsandwells said...

Hi Joe!
it's so nice to hear from you. I am missing teaching yoga and I miss all the friendly faces from class! Good to hear that you are trying some other classes, I hope you didn't have to work too hard!
Amey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home