Mustapicked A Good Vacation!

The adventures of Amey and Musty's trip to the Balkans and Italy in September '06...

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Pictures!

Hiding under our umbrella... This is apparently Musty's "yucky weather face." I kept trying to take the picture over again, but he insisted on being a goofball!
Torrential Downpour! The streets of Dubrovnik look desserted, but every available dry spot is crammed full with as many people as it can accept. Rain rain rain!
Here's a shot of our rainy day in Dubrovnik, as seen from under our trusty yellow umbrella. See all the tourists huddled under the loggia? They don't even know that the worst is still yet to come!
From that, to this! This photo was taken in Orebić, a cute little seaside town out at the end of the Peljesač penisula. The beach was half pebbles, half sand, and the water was SO clear! It's like swimming in glass or something. You can see that I am looking warm and happy to see the sun.
With our snorkels on! The water is full of fish... all different sizes and varieties. Nobody too bright and colorful, but it still a real treat to observe their quiet underwater world. The water here gets deep quickly, so after a few quick strokes, you are out in pretty deep water. One thing of note is that once you reach the deeper level, the seafloor is full of sea urchins and sea slugs! The sea slugs are funny... they just sit there on the bottom, doing their sea slug thing.

4 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi amey+musty,I am over laura's house,looks like you're having a great time. It was nice to see you both with fabrizio. Say hi for us.
Now the big question,actually the only reason I am saying hi ,did you find any figs!!!!!!!! laura just told me you did,I wish I could have been there with you.
thanks for the offer of your tomatoes,but they are not ready yet.bye to both of you rowland

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura and I are getting ready for a weekend trip to the world veg day in sf,laura says she will take notes for you. too bad you couldn't make it. I think would have enjoyed it.we are getting up real early so I can take laura to the alemany farmers market in sf. It's the biggest and oldest market in ca. it starts at 3:00 in the morning,could be a hundred vendors.
Since we will be staying over night, we will spend sat night at martha chase's.
Have a good trip home,laura says she will see you when you get back,she can't wait,
bye from rowland and lots of love from laura
ps I have become her secretary

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger Amey said...

Rowland!
It's so great to hear from you! I have been thinking of you so much. Here the fig trees and pomegranite trees grow like weeds, absolutely everywhere. I have eaten loads and loads of figs. The grapes here are also great. I can't wait to tell you all about it. Musty and I both agree that you would really like Croatia!
xo Amey

 
At 4:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you get this post ... I stumbled across your blog by accident and loved it ... my maiden name is MUSTAPIC and my family is from Lovrec. I was born in Calgary, Canada and came to Croatia in '97 to explore my roots and stayed. Mate your tourguide is my cousin Zeljko's son and Marija from Vancouver, Zeljko's sister, is obviously my first cousin as well. I loved all the pictures and the one where you're standing next to the sign Samija, Mustapic, Coric ... since the house in the bkgd is my uncle's :-) my e-mail address is lucijana@hotmail.com in case anyone is planning another trip out this way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home